From the Entertaining File...




I'm sure I'm not the only one who clips articles on entertaining. While my style of entertaining may not be as elaborate, I do think the fantasy aspect of these articles is quite inspiring. One can take a few ideas here and there and create a party that is totally chic. Or, at the very least, the photographs may encourage someone to stop worrying about what he/she doesn't have and to just throw a darn party!

This Domino article on editor Tori Mellott's Christmas party (make that a Festivus party) is really quite clever. The idea was that someone can host a fab party for not a lot of money. Now, here in the dog days of summer, the thought of holiday parties may seem a little much. I for one am not worrying about holiday entertaining right now. That said, the decor and the details make these photographs fun to look at- an entertaining feast for the eyes!

To see how another design diva entertains, visit my post on Mary McDonald's Christmas party.


A view of Mellott's living room. I love her red sofa!


A stylish bar. I also like how Mellott has framed her intaglios and prints.


A tray filled with smoking accoutrements.

(Images from Dec/Jan 07 Domino; photos by Marcus Nilsson)

No comments:

Post a Comment